Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
swhatley

Option to select Avatar

Post by swhatley »

CD,

Mow that you have added a female avatar for the special female characters, it would be nice if we could have an option of which avatar we want to use for normal characters. What would be prime would to be able to select from a set of let's say 10 avatars (5 male/5 female). It gets tiresome looking at the same avatar all the time. I like variety! :) I'll settle for a set of 8 avatars! :D

Thanks for such a great game!
Steven
staze

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Post by staze »

I totally understand that... but when you only find 2 food in 9 levels, then another game you find 4 food in 3 levels, something is wrong.

Either you should be able to buy food, or there should be some assurance that you might find food every couple levels. either that, or you should be able to eat your enemies. =P
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

staze wrote:I totally understand that... but when you only find 2 food in 9 levels, then another game you find 4 food in 3 levels, something is wrong.

Either you should be able to buy food, or there should be some assurance that you might find food every couple levels. either that, or you should be able to eat your enemies. =P
It's random and nothing is guaranteed in this game. This is also what makes the game so awesome, you can get screwed over by the random numbers or you might find an abundance of food and a flaming two handed sword all on the first level. The second they start getting too overhanded with guaranteeing that you get a minimum amount of food every so many levels and at least some decent weapon, armor, ring, etc. every run starts feeling the same.
staze

Post by staze »

guess that's true.

Well, if shops are implemented, then we'll probably see buying food, meaning my problem will be addressed. =P

But yeah, so far, awesome game. Just wish I could put it down. =P
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

There's a lot of neat ideas in here... I will respond more completely after I get some sleep!

I want to kind of cherry pick some simple and fun ones to mix in with my plans for 1.6 currently so that I can submit another update to Apple while I am on the road. No need in making everyone wait 2+ weeks if I can help it! :D
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I have a request..... please expand the leaderboards for secret characters, plus add a secret character section to the ERC.....*gets down on knees and begs* I actually made it down to the 26th floor this morning and got the frakking amulet, only to get stomped by a jabberwock because I had the wrong sword equipped(I had 3: a +4+3 freezing longsword of phantom slaying, a +2+2 blessed longsword, and a+2+1 katana of dragon slaying), plus never did find any armor enhancing scrolls at all on the way down :oops:

Oh well, back to the beginning once again ;)
Xanmyral

Post by Xanmyral »

Humm.... Scythes? I always like them as a weapon, you can't get more bad-ass then tearing down enemies like the grim reaper! :twisted: I'm not to sure what the attack would be however, so it's up to you, if you like the idea. Ignore that ring thing that was here a little while ago.. Just ran into a ring of +2 add to strength... Like this game just loves to mock me with irony. :shock:
Last edited by Xanmyral on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dex1138

Post by Dex1138 »

staze wrote:Either you should be able to buy food, or there should be some assurance that you might find food every couple levels. either that, or you should be able to eat your enemies. =P
I think one of the varied incarnations of the computer game you could eat your kills. Hmmm..if you eat a piece of troll does it regenerate inside you? :o
swhatley

Post by swhatley »

Dex1138 wrote:I think one of the varied incarnations of the computer game you could eat your kills. Hmmm..if you eat a piece of troll does it regenerate inside you? :o
Neah, it just tastes like chicken. :)

Enjoy life!
Steven
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

Dex1138 wrote:
staze wrote:Either you should be able to buy food, or there should be some assurance that you might find food every couple levels. either that, or you should be able to eat your enemies. =P
I think one of the varied incarnations of the computer game you could eat your kills. Hmmm..if you eat a piece of troll does it regenerate inside you? :o
This was in Nethack and Dungeon Crawl (probably a few other roguelikes as well), but CLEARLY Rogues are finicky eaters and will not verge from their prepackaged little army rations...well maybe a mushroom or two but that's as far as it goes. Would you want to eat a slime? :shock: