Hello everyone, the original Feature Request thread was getting a bit out of hand... many of the original items were addressed long ago now, and it was getting too hard to find out if things you've asked for would be included in the future!
This thread's goal is to collect suggestions for versions 1.6 through 2.0. As good suggestions come in, I will hand pick neat stuff to spotlight here. If I don't add it to these lists it does not mean it's not being considered! I just want to keep the lists here manageable and just showcase some of the common or really amusing ideas... Upcoming Feature ideas (pre 2.0):
Pretty Much All of BigDrahma's list is good stuff (4 is really more in 2.0 line I think):
1. Ask to identify all possessions upon death (since it's all re-randomized anyway, there's no meta-game advantage gained)
2. Place gold values on possessions, and add them to your wealth total when you die (those magic weapons have to be worth something!)
3. Graffiti from other player's character names (seed from "Latest Rogues" leaderboard at the beginning of the game)
5. Viewable/scrollable game text history (perhaps a "diary" that's always in inventory and impossible to remove?)
6. A two-second "dead time" on the search button after finding a secret door (this would save me something like 20 moves a game!)
Ring of light (or some other device to see better!)
Returning throwable weapons
Clear the Hall of Fame through a motion?
Sound effects for combat
A FAQ (!) Upcoming Feature ideas (2.0 and beyond):
* Shop with various items and equipment for sale. Items will be semi-random, and limited in quantity so you cannot overload your pack with potions of clairvoyance and raise level!
* Scroll to create or teleport to a shop
* Interesting Lighting/Fog of War effects, better than the standard black squares now
* Selectable Avatars
* A Pony
Please post your thoughts and ideas in this thread and I'll try to read and respond to everyone!