Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
jhawk

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Post by jhawk »

Try doing a run through with one of the secret characters to get a feel for it
Raphie123

Post by Raphie123 »

All my ideas are there, but does anyone know when the 2.0 version will come out? I want the shop it's so a great damn idea :D
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Raphie123 wrote:All my ideas are there, but does anyone know when the 2.0 version will come out? I want the shop it's so a great damn idea :D
CD is currently working on Version 1.6.......when he's not working at his day job ;) And you aren't the only one who wants the shop........those damned aquators are a pain in the butt and being able to actually BUY new armor intstead of being stuck with a rusty piece of crap would be a big help, even if it does cost me my gold coin count :mrgreen:
Raphie123

Post by Raphie123 »

CD is currently working on Version 1.6.......when he's not working at his day job ;) And you aren't the only one who wants the shop........those damned aquators are a pain in the butt and being able to actually BUY new armor intstead of being stuck with a rusty piece of crap would be a big help, even if it does cost me my gold coin count :mrgreen:
Yea, but has said in the new features, the items would have a price on it, so at the end, when you dies, this price would be transformed in gold, and added in your gold balance, so this would fix the problem of coin ;) And you're right about the aquators. One day, I had a cursed armor... After being attacked by this aquators, my armor was AC1... not cool :(
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Raphie123 wrote:
Yea, but has said in the new features, the items would have a price on it, so at the end, when you dies, this price would be transformed in gold, and added in your gold balance, so this would fix the problem of coin ;) And you're right about the aquators. One day, I had a cursed armor... After being attacked by this aquators, my armor was AC1... not cool :(
:lol: Been there, done that :roll: .........a scroll of remove curse, enchant armor, or, if you get lucky enough to find one, protect armor(gold plates whatever you're wearing) will all break the curse. Leather, shozoku, or elfin mail are all rustproof, plus shozoku adds a stealth effect. Good luck getting farther down.......I've only gotten the amulet once and died right afterwards :oops:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Spartan gives an extra chance to attack, I'd say is the best

I seem to find rings of maintain str/armor fairly frequently

I usually can keep decent armor, but effective past 20 is always a challenge

Can't you throw armor as a weapon and have it identify itself?

Just keep trying!

P.S. 2000 :D
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

jhawk wrote:Spartan gives an extra chance to attack, I'd say is the best

I seem to find rings of maintain str/armor fairly frequently

I usually can keep decent armor, but effective past 20 is always a challenge

Can't you throw armor as a weapon and have it identify itself?

Just keep trying!

P.S. 2000 :D
Yeah. spartan cuirass is neat, but makes you use more food.........

I have yet to find either of those rings, unless i play as a secret character ;)

I've tried that with armor and rings............lost everything, damnit :evil:

Yes, I'm still trying.............*grumbles about frakking sleep traps and opportunistic predators showing up for a free lunch*
Raphie123

Post by Raphie123 »

Finally I got a new idea! I don't know if it's possible for you, CD, but it would be VERY nice to have an arena system, where your best character is recorded with all his items and he can fight against every type of monster, and even put a local or worldwide Wi-fi, why not? I think this would be very great but I don't know if you're able to do this in this game?

Thanks
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

That might a better idea for a seperate secondary game off shoot, but would probably be a fairly intensive project
Blip

Post by Blip »

I did a search for "name", "list", "call", and "rename" and didn't get any hits, so please forgive me if it's been suggested somewhere in this thread already...

In the original game of Rogue 25 years ago, or whatever it was, it was possible to name/ID items yourself. (I think it was by pressing "c" to "call" an item something?) For example, if I found a ring, and put it on, and it became apparent that it was a ring of searching, I could "call" it "ring of searching", even though I may be incorrect about it. instead of having to develop the keyboard integration to be able to name things anything you want to, maybe an easier way would be to use the scrolling list. ie: From the items screen, have a selection for "call item", then it brings up the scroll wheel for which of your items you want to "call", which then brings up a scroll wheel of pre-defined names that you can "call" something, such as "of light" or "of searching". It would be important to display that an item is "called" that, instead of displaying it as "ring of searching", it should display as "ring called 'of searching' ". It also makes dealing with potions of amnesia much better, if you happen to remember what any of your items were.

Another feature missing from the original game, is (I believe it was "L", for "list") to list the items you'd discovered in the game. So one you get to level 16, and can't remember whether or not you'd found a potion of restore strength yet, you could look at your list and see whether or not you had.

Cheers! :)