Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
staze

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Post by staze »

LordGek wrote:Would you want to eat a slime? :shock:
Sure... flaming sword, make some Creme Boule!
Berenzen

Post by Berenzen »

A form of a vampiric enchantment on weapons that's has a chance on hit to steal a certain amount of hp would add a new perspective to the game and while you're at it make it so vampires do the same, makes em a lot more fun =p.
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
nghtstr

Post by nghtstr »

LordGek wrote:Would you want to eat a slime? :shock:
A slime? No. A slime mold? Absolutely!! Its my favorite!! :D
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Berenzen wrote:A form of a vampiric enchantment on weapons that's has a chance on hit to steal a certain amount of hp would add a new perspective to the game and while you're at it make it so vampires do the same, makes em a lot more fun =p.
Hmmm, vampiric weaponry... Now that is a cool little idea!!! *scribbles in notepad* :ugeek:

(Edit - 1500th post!)
Bleys

Post by Bleys »

A couple ideas, some may already have been mentioned.

An item that could be used to wish for something would be nice, allow you to pick up a piece of equipment or potion you need. Something like the lamps you rub in nethack, though a single wish would be more than enough.

It might be nice if some scrolls of identify worked on more than a single item, something like 1D3 worth of items would be nice. I find even if I only use scrolls for rings I often don't have enough.

Rings of haste, they should make you hungry very fast, but could be useful.

Scrolls of detect curse would be nice, let you see what items are cursed so you can avoid them. Since you often don't use scrolls of identify on your armor and weapons it would be nice to have another way to avoid cursed items.

Light sources. Either a ring of light, or weapons that glowed would be nice as well. Increase the radius that you could see. Would make archers more fun, rather than shooting into the dark blindly.
Gin makes a man mean!
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

ring of haste is a new one, slow also
XVar

Post by XVar »

Bleys wrote:It might be nice if some scrolls of identify worked on more than a single item, something like 1D3 worth of items would be nice. I find even if I only use scrolls for rings I often don't have enough.

Light sources. Either a ring of light, or weapons that glowed would be nice as well. Increase the radius that you could see. Would make archers more fun, rather than shooting into the dark blindly.
+1, I clicked this thread to post both of these things.
XVar

Post by XVar »

A fairly major change I know, but the option of playing landscape would be great. I don't know about anyone else but after playing for a while my little finger starts to hurt because I use it to support the phone. Landscape feels much more natural to play this sort of game aswell, more like a tiny PSP.

I've skimmed this thread and it doesn't like this has been brought up yet, apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere already.
Drockle

Rogue Plus

Post by Drockle »

Looking at many of the suggestions....some are very cool-sounding (like a shop) but do transform the game to something that is no longer Rogue but more like Diablo lite!

Rogue's simple yet compelling addictiveness is that each game is like a hand of poker, where you've been dealt a set of assets to discover and strategically use to maximize your chances of winning.

The improvements I'd like to see the most are in 1) making the visuals and mechanics more satisfying, and 2) adding more items/beasts/magic to the game.

On visuals and mechanics:
- I know it's big, but would be cool to see your avatar wearing with the armor/weapon you've equipped.
- How about dungeon walls and floor pattern that change as you go deeper? Maybe become darker and more ominous?
- Also if you could see the floor and walls move by as you move, it might add to the sensation that you're moving down a hallway when there are no other cues.
- I'm for toggleable sound effects for hits/crits/discovering you're wearing something cursed (oh no!) etc.

On new stuff:
- Aside from everyone's clamor for more items, mobs, and types of magic...I was thinking that if there were new monsters and environmental graphics below level 23, it would make deep diving a lot more exciting!
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

I wold like to see a couple of balance issues addressed, although perhaps these have been put in there on purpose.

First, it seems like there are way too many pit traps appearing in the lower levels. I can live with a few scattered around, but seriously it seems like every level from 10 or 11 down has at least one which might be a bit excessive. It isn't possible to search every tile without food issues arising, so this seems a bit unbalanced to me.

Second, the chance to hit rattlesnakes and aquators seems to be a bit too low to me. I can have a character that hits most monsters on most attempts, but I still am lucky to hit snakes and aquators once every 4 times it seems. Seeing as to how these two monsters are already two of the most dreaded, perhaps giving us a chance to take them out before completely ruing a promising character would be welcome. It seems a bit unbalanced to me that ways of protecting armor and/or strength are so rare yet rattlesnakes and aquators are two of the most common monsters for several relatively early levels of the dungeon.

Then again, Rogue and other Hacks never promise to be balanced I suppose. That is part of what makes a win so unique.

-Dave