Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
jhawk

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Post by jhawk »

Good luck finding the stairs

I'd like to see strong magic potions/scrolls
Maybe even food
Mister Fluff

Post by Mister Fluff »

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. What about making the messages you get scrollable to see some things that were said? Too often I read a scroll or drink a potion and then I get hit by something or a searching ring will find some "So-and-so' was here and then you don't know what the scroll or potion was.

2. Mini-quests. Something like finding a statue on level 15 and then level 30 , etc. will give you a unique or enhanced item...?

That's it for now. Everything else I see has already been addressed.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

ive made suggestions for more quests for various rewards, maybe optional quests for not so specific rewards
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

jhawk wrote:ive made suggestions for more quests for various rewards, maybe optional quests for not so specific rewards
It could be cool, but it also might be a dangerous trend since the more specific quest type things you throw in the less replayable the game feels, IMHO. A quest is always neat the first time you come across it but when you're doing it for the 2nd and 3rd time it feels a little tedious. Sure you can just skip it but, no, that would be stupid since you really can't afford to lose out on this key potential reward, can you?
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

i mean as a source of a good item, and to elongate the game, what if instead of beating the game you get an enchantment and a quest to get a new item on a deeper floor, once ive done the retrival a couple times it lost its appeal and i started enjoying depth diving
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:i mean as a source of a good item, and to elongate the game, what if instead of beating the game you get an enchantment and a quest to get a new item on a deeper floor, once ive done the retrival a couple times it lost its appeal and i started enjoying depth diving
I know there's a few thrill seekers now that have started deep diving for sport! It's a lot tougher with a normal character unless you get some lucky equipment. If it's any consolation I do think that a secondary quest deeper in the dungeon is a neat idea. It'll probably get added in because that does not in itself break the original rogue.... you can still collect the amulet as normal, or you can go for the "real quest"!!!! :lol:

I'm not telling anything yet, but maybe soon ;)
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Mister Fluff wrote:Just a couple of thoughts:

1. What about making the messages you get scrollable to see some things that were said? Too often I read a scroll or drink a potion and then I get hit by something or a searching ring will find some "So-and-so' was here and then you don't know what the scroll or potion was.

2. Mini-quests. Something like finding a statue on level 15 and then level 30 , etc. will give you a unique or enhanced item...?

That's it for now. Everything else I see has already been addressed.
Loving idea number 2...
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

I feel like if you have an known identify scroll you should just be able to pick an item in your inventory and have it pop up an "identify this" button along with "wield/drop/etc." It only saves one or two clicks (and you wouldn't have to scroll through a second time using the selector) but I like anything that streamlines the processes (every click adds up over a long game) is good. Also eliminating the scroll reading animation for when you did this would be nice. Maybe even eliminate all scroll reading animations for known scrolls.

Oh, and the contest really made me want in-game turn # tracking. Even if it's only useful for a shortest run contest, seems like something that would be cool to have.
Last edited by Elysium on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swhatley

Post by swhatley »

CommanderData wrote:I know there's a few thrill seekers now that have started deep diving for sport! It's a lot tougher with a normal character unless you get some lucky equipment. If it's any consolation I do think that a secondary quest deeper in the dungeon is a neat idea. It'll probably get added in because that does not in itself break the original rogue.... you can still collect the amulet as normal, or you can go for the "real quest"!!!! :lol:
I don't think mini-quests fit with the Rogue theme. But, a secondary, or larger, quest beyond just getting the amulet sounds intriguing. What that could be, I'm not sure. Defeating a "boss" character deeper down sounds fitting. Somehow, the amulet should help give the power to defeat the boss. But, rescuing someone and then going back up with that person doesn't seem to fit with Rogue unless somehow the rescued person gets transported out (a power of the amulet?).

So, I see the goals being something like:

1) Retrieve the amulet, escape, and be rich.
2) Possibly make some kind sacrifice and risk going deeper for the bigger, more honorable goal.

Enjoy life!
Steven
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

i just like the idea of going deeper playing longer, a balrog down there somewhere would be nice :ugeek: